Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Time to update this I suppose.... I spend most of my day picking up after the cats, have little time to sit and update a blog!!

The building we had hoped to buy fell through. My funding source backed out at the last minute, after the offer was accepted. Not a good way to do business. I had a suspicion it wouldn't work out. Oh well, better luck next time.

We bought a small lot and looking into buying another building. But since our mayor doesn't like cats, he feels he has the power to prevent us from having an adoption center in town. He already told me I can apply for a variance but getting it depends on if the village board members like cats or not. If we can't use the lot for our rescue, it's going to be a great place to put a bunch of toilets! At least that's legal to do around here. We'll wait and see how far we get through the winter with fighting for the opportunity to have an adoption center in town. If not, then we'll wait until there's a new mayor. From what I hear, the local residents aren't very happy with him anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment