Sunday, October 30, 2011

A poem by Tigerose for Halloween

One cold and windy night
Feeling the homeless blight
A human came into my sight.

A tall black hat upon her head
I felt not an ounce of dread
As she took me out of my meager bed.

You are my own, my only one
Together we shall have such fun!
We will not ride into the Sun,
But to greet the shadows afore we are done!

So perch thee upon the stick
Mind the straw, for it can prick

Today we go about the town
None shall see,
None shall frown

It is our task, our duty fine
To keep our troth, it is a sign

When they shall see a shadow upon the moon
Not to sigh, not to swoon.

But know them well, that here we be
To keep safe all that we can see!

I spake unto the witch so rare
I am thy servant, true and fair.

tigerose 10/29/11

No comments:

Post a Comment